Dec 17, 2019
Welcome to the second episode of the Lindsey Holder Podcast,
with your hosts, Lindsey and Ashley. Now that you've realized your
dream and opened a business, you're probably wondering what to do
next. In today's episode, we start where we left off with the last
show. First, Ashley will give you the specifics of what you need to
have in place in your business, then she will go into each aspect
with a more detailed explanation. Listen in, to find out more.
In this podcast, you will get tips on how to run a small
business, and you will also find out how to keep yourself looking
good while you do it. Today, Ashley asks Lindsey about her business
experience and Lindsey shares some of the basic business knowledge
that she's learned along the way. They also talk about some of the
challenges that they've seen several new business owners go
through, so tune in now, to get their valuable advice.
- Some of the things that you have to have in place when you
start a new business.
- Finding the most cost-effective computer system that's the best
fit for your business.
- Lindsey talks about the MindBody computer system that she uses
in her spa, and she explains why it works for her.
- Your tiers are going to go up as you grow your business.
- There are many hidden costs when starting a new business.
- Your business costs will be based on the size of your
- You have to have business licenses, you have to pay taxes, and
you also need insurance.
- Lindsey explains what you need to know about your website.
- Although social media is a huge way to push your business, and
it's free, you will still need a website to give out more
- The pros and cons of using Square Space and Wordpress to create
- The cost of having a website.
- Consistency is very important for your branding.
- Rebranding takes a lot of effort because you have to be very
- Lindsey gives some great tips for obtaining a business
- The five key people you need to find, connect with, and develop
a relationship with when you start a business. You can often meet
them at networking events.
- It's really hard emotionally to let someone go from your
- Why you should have both a bookkeeper and a CPA.
Links and Resources:
A suggested simple computer system: Square https://squareup.com/us/en
Suggested apps for building a website:
Square Space - https://www.squarespace.com/website-design/
Wordpress - https://wordpress.com/create/
MindBody - https://www.mindbodyonline.com/